Zero Waste Latvija
Zero Waste Latvia is a movement that brings together sustainability enthusiasts to make life without waste in Latvia a norm, as well as a non-governmental organization founded in Earth Overshoot Day (August 1, 2018) that supports and promotes principles of zero waste lifestyle and circular economy, and seeks to reduce the environmental impact of pollution caused by Latvian society.
Victories and key actions
- More than 2000 people reached directly across the country and more than 12k involved on Facebook discussion group.
- We kick-started the composting pilot project
- Our speakers spoke in more than 50 events, reaching a great variety of audiences. We received an incredible number of invitations to speak in conferences, events, workshops, schools, or give advice or guidance.
Main focus and objectives
- Amplifying public discussion on the Single-Use Plastic Directive, incineration, food contact materials and Deposit Return Systems.
- Kick start a pilot project on food waste and composting.
- Promote reusable containers in public events and among businesses.