Recruitment Privacy Statement
Zero Waste Europe ASBL/VZW (referred to as “ZWE”), with registered office at 1050 Ixelles, Chaussée de Vleurgat 15, Belgium, is a European network and non-profit association registered with the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises under the number BE 0597 908 295, acting as data controller, processes and uses personal data pertaining to its job applicants (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Applicant(s)”), in compliance with applicable data protection laws, including the European Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 called the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
This privacy notice sets out:
- Why and how is ZWE collecting personal information about Applicants;
- Which data is ZWE collecting about Applicants;
- How ZWE protects Applicants’ Data; and
- For how long this information is retained.
Why is ZWE collecting Applicants data?
ZWE collects data from Applicants and all information that helps to make informed decisions for the selection of candidates and for attracting the right competencies needed in the field. This data is intended for recruitment purposes only and it’s carefully managed by the HR and operational departments. We do not pass on your information to any other third party, with the possible exception of the recruitment agency or any other third party in case it is relevant for the recruitment process. Prior to disclosing any information to any third party, ZWE will ensure that all third party recipients are bound to strict standards of security.
How does ZWE collect Applicants data?
When an Applicant applies for a job through our website, the Applicant is requested to submit several documents such as CV, cover letter, reference letters or work samples (where applicable). The data collected is then included and stored in our database with the sole purpose to manage ZWE’s selection processes. Other types of data may be received or generated when ZWE does background checks or reaches out to referees.
Which data does ZWE collect about Applicants?
ZWE collects and processes applicant data (required and optional), which an applicant provides directly, via applications sent through our website. The processing of personal data includes the following:
- Candidate picture (if provided);
- Personal identification data, such as the name and address;
- Electronic identification data, such as email address and mobile phone number;
- Personal details, including date and place of birth, languages spoken, nationality, gender, and civil status;
- Specific job application data such as CV, education details and diploma, career-related data, including training, professional experience, certification, etc.;
- Data related to publicly accessible social networks;
- Whether the Applicant possesses a permit of working and/or resides in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Any other type of data, mainly sensitive, such as data that reveals the racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation, etc., it is not at all requested and it is the sole choice of the applicant to provide (for example, by mentioning it in the CV or cover letter).
How does ZWE protect Applicant data?
We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures to secure personal data against loss or against any form of unlawful processing. Our service purchasing pages, widgets, and tools are secured using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), a security protocol that provides communications privacy over the Internet in a way that is designed to prevent eavesdropping, tampering, or message forgery.
How long does ZWE retain Applicant data?
ZWE retains your personal data for as long as it is necessary and only for the purposes described above. Some applicant data is stored after the recruitment and selection process ends only if deemed necessary there is a need to keep the applicant data (example: keeping an Applicant’s files if a suitable vacancy arises). Applicants’ personal data will be retained for a maximum period of 5 years after the end of the job application procedure.
What are your data protection rights?
Applicants have the right at any time to contact ZWE to request the following actions:
- The right to access – You have the right to request ZWE for copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that ZWE correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request ZWE to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that ZWE erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that ZWE restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to ZWE’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that ZWE transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
In case you are not satisfied with the answers provided to your data and privacy queries by ZWE, you can at all times address a complaint (in French, Dutch or German) to:
Data Protection Authority (DPA) of Belgium
Rue de la Presse 35, B-1000, Brussels, Belgium
Questions regarding the processing of your information and your rights
- Have any questions about the use or collection of your personal data;
- Wish to know which personal data are processed;
- Wish to alter, delete, or block some of the information processed concerning you;
Changes to this notice