Retorna is a Spanish environmental non-profit and non-governmental institution established in 2010 in Barcelona, with a national and international area of work.
We focus on advocacy and awareness raising on Zero Waste and the huge problem of beverage containers abandoned in our natural and urban environments.
We request our politicians to approve and implement ambitious zero waste measures, including deposit return systems.
Victories and key actions
- Create, together with 5 other NGOs, the Zero Waste Alliance in Spain.
- Ambitious Waste Law in Baleares which has been approved at the beginning of the year.
- Contribute to the creation of a Portuguese/Spanish NGO coalition working towards zero waste.
Main focus and objectives
- Advocate for ambitious transposition of Circular Economy Plan and Single-Use Plastic Directive.
- Meetings, workshop, public campaigns.