Supported by the LIFE Programme of the European Union. This website does not necessarily reflect the views of the donors.
- This event has passed.
Towards Zero Waste cities: How local authorities can apply waste prevention policies
22/06/2016 @ 10:45 - 18:00
|RREUSE and Zero Waste Europe are delighted to invite you to a co-organised conference on the topic of waste prevention at a local level.
Contributing to the ongoing debate on a European circular economy, this conference will be the occasion to showcase two European funded projects aiming at creating synergies and training tools encouraging local authorities to implement waste prevention policies on their territory:
● LAWPreT is an ERASMUS+ funded project aiming at providing waste prevention training tools to Cypriot, Greek and Slovenian local authorities.
● Town to town, people to people – Building a European Culture of Zero Waste” is a networking platform allowing Zero Waste Cities to share good practices and experiences. It is a Europe for Citizens (EACEA) funded project.
Please register yourself here by the 16th of June.
Interpretation from English to Greek and from Greek to English will be provided.
Please feel free to contact us (email@example.com) if you have any questions about this event.
|10:45||Welcome coffee – Registration|
|11:10||Introduction speech: Michel Lebrun, Member of the Committee of the Regions|
|11:15 – 11:25||Presentation of LAWPreT: Antigone Dalamagas, Ecological Recycling Society|
|11:25 – 13:15||● Defining and Evaluating the waste prevention needs of Local Authorities in Greece: Maya Dimitriadou, CRE. THI. DEV.
● Waste prevention state of play in Greek L.A: Mairy Krimnianioti, Efxini Poli
● Waste prevention and waste Management activities and challenges, City of Athens (tbc)
● Waste prevention in Cyprus Local Authorities and Communities and project results in Cyprus: Lambros Lambrou, Up to date
● Waste prevention in Slovenia Local Authorities and project results in Slovenia: Danilo Ceh, Scientific research Centre Bistra Ptuj
● RREUSE – EU Social enterprises working with local authorities in waste Prevention: Michal Len, RREUSE
● Q/A session
|13:15 – 14:00||Walking lunch|
|14:00 – 15:00||Other projects from Europe
● Circular Europe Network: Philippe Micheaux Naudet, ACR+
● The “Ban the Bag” campaign at a local level: Gaëlle Haut, Surfrider Foundation Europe
● Vanya Veras, Municipal Waste Europe
● Q/A session
|15:00 – 15:15||Coffee break|
|15:15 – 15:25||Presentation of the Network of Zero Waste Towns: Joan Marc Simon, Zero Waste Europe|
|15:30 – 16:00||“Residual Waste target” a tool for EU policy making that works!
Presentation of the Case Study of Parma – From 300 to 100kg/person in 5 years, Gabriele Folli, Environment Councillor for the City of Parma
|16:00 – 18:00||Panel discussion: Best practices in waste reduction at city/region level
● Heading 50 kg by 2030: the goal of Ljubljana, representative from Snaga
● Targets at the regional level: Annemie Andries, Senior Policy Advisor of OVAM, Flanders
● Waste prevention at home: The case of Roubaix, Alexandre Garcin, Deputy Mayor of Roubaix
● Zero Food Waste city: The experience of Bruges, Caroline Van der Steen, Director of Stadsecoloog Burges
● Q/A session