Supported by the LIFE Programme of the European Union. This website does not necessarily reflect the views of the donors.
- This event has passed.
Sustainable Solid Waste Solutions for Communities and Climate Change
10/11/2016 @ 10:00 - 11:00
Organisations Involved: WIEGO, Alliance of Indian Waste-pickers, Zero Waste Europe, UNEP
The purpose of this session is to discuss what are the best solid waste solutions for cities that will result in cleaner, greener and healthier cities as well as income generation and emissions reduction.
- Welcome and Introduction by Cities Alliance Secretariat, Mr. Omar Siddique (5 min)
- Presentation by Zero Waste Europe expert, Ms. Mariel Vilela (10 min)
- Presentation by waste-pickers from India, Mr. Dharmendra Kumar (10 min)
- Presentation by UNEP or CCAC Waste initiate expert (10 min)
- Discussion and Q&A with audience moderated by Chair (22 min)
- Closing words – moderator (3 min)
Chair: Cities Alliance Secretariat (Julie Greenwalt)
- Mr. Omar Siddique, Cities Alliance
- Ms. Mariel Vilela, Zero Waste Europe/GAIA
- Mr. Dharmendra Kumar, Alliance of Indian Waste-pickers
- Ms. Asha Sambhaji Doke, Alliance of Indian Waste-pickers
- UNEP or CCAC Waste initiate expert (tbc)
[columns][column width=”4/5″] Zero Waste Europe gratefully acknowledges financial assistance from LIFE financial instrument of the European Union. The sole responsibility for the content of this event lies with Zero Waste Europe. It does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the funder mentioned above. The funder cannot be held responsible for any use that may be made of the information contained therein. [/column][column width=”1/5″] [/column][/columns]