Supported by the LIFE Programme of the European Union. This website does not necessarily reflect the views of the donors.
- This event has passed.
Side event: Effective stakeholder engagement in NAMA development and implementation
10/06/2015 @ 18:30 - 20:00
In the context of the intersessional conference of the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) taking place in Bonn from 3-11 June, Zero Waste Europe participates in a side event that will be looking at climate finance, in the case of NAMAs, for the waste sector.
Effective stakeholder engagement is widely recognized as a key success factor for Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Actions (NAMAs). In this event, experts from the civil society, business and the NAMA facility will discuss the role of civil society in development and implementation of NAMAs and share experiences and best practices.
- NAMAs and civil society, Urska Trunk, Carbon Market Watch
- Measuring sustainable development in NAMAs, Karen Holm Olsen,UNEP DTU
- Challenges and opportunities of NAMAs in the waste sector, Mariel Vilella, Zero Waste Europe
- Gender sensitive and community driven NAMA in Georgia, Sabine Bock, Women in Europe for a Common Future (WECF)
- Representative speaking on NAMA finance (tbc)