Supported by the LIFE Programme of the European Union. This website does not necessarily reflect the views of the donors.
- This event has passed.
Education Training about Zero Waste’s 10 Steps
24/03/2016 @ 17:00 - 26/03/2016 @ 20:00
The Zero Waste Research Center of Capannori
“Ambiente e Futuro per Rifiuti Zero” NGO
in collaboration with Zero Waste Italy and Zero Waste Europe
EDUCATION TRAINING ABOUT ZERO WASTE’S 10 STEPS
24-25-26 March 2016, Capannori (LU)
The education training wants to have regional (Tuscany) scope but it is open to everyone who wants to participate. The training has a double focus: the first is “theoretical”, meant to increase expertise and knowledge about Zero waste practices through experts’ presentations; the other side of this training aims to deepen a municipality’s path towards Zero Waste (in this case, Capannori) through visiting the territory and discussing with the main actors of this “Zero Waste revolution”.
Thursday 24: Sala Riunioni del comune di Capannori, piazza Aldo Moro, Capannori (LU).
- 17h: welcome and introduction speech:
- 20h: social dinner;
- 21h: public meeting on the current Tuscany and Italian Zero Waste grassroots battles and in relation to the “Sblocca Italia”’s art. 35.
This meeting is public, thus is opened to everyone wants to participate for free.
Friday 25, Polo Tecnologico di Capannori, Zero Waste Research Center’s office, via Nuova, Segromigno in Monte (LU).
- 10h: visits to the Zero Waste Research Center and presentation of the current case studies in front of the “Little Museum of design horrors”
- 11h: visits to the Effecorta shops and the Hacking Labs office;
- 13h: lunch;
- 17h: presentation of the ZW municipalities in Tuscany;
- 21h: music and re-using with the Gaudants Junk Band
Saturday 26, Polo Tecnologico di Capannori, Zero Waste Research Center’s office, via Nuova, Segromigno in Monte (LU).
- 15h: Capannori’s mayor Luca Menesini and Matteo Francesconi (assessor to environment) opening speech;
- 10h: “ZW 10 steps” full immersion. Speakers: Rossano Ercolini, Enzo Favoino (ZWE’s scientific coordinator), Paolo Contò (still not sure) (Contarina SpA, Treviso); the ZW Research Center. Intervention of Maurizio Gatti, ASCIT’s executive director;
- 13h: lunch;
- 20h: new project presentation: “Per un Distretto di Economia Circolare” in Lucca Province. Speakers: Funghi Espresso, Daccapo reuse center, Effecorta, Manifattura Maiano (still not sure), Hacking Labs. Presentation of the Life Plus project “Ecopulplast”. Speakers: Lucense’s representative, Selene and Rossano Ercolini);
- 20h: conclusion.
Registration fee: 30 euros.
The maximum number of participant is of 80.
It will possible pay the registration fee at the moment of arrival in Capannori. Although, we advice that who will pay in advance through bank deposit (IBAN IT55T0760113700000085015139; causale: corso capannori marzo) will have priority to participate to the training in case of exceeding the maximum number of participant.
For registration: firstname.lastname@example.org
We also advice to book accommodation in advance in the Northern part of Capannori municipality, since Easter time is usually quite busy in this district.
For more information call the following numbers: +39 3382866215; +39 3334977274
Zero Waste Research Center coordinator
Goldman Prize 2013 Winner